Sunday, January 2, 2011

dash of tights


i've been getting some questions on my formspring (over there, on the right sidebar) about my tights, so here's a summary of my not-pants knowledge.

for colored tights: welovecolors nylon/lycra microfiber tights and american apparel opaque pantyhose are the best ones i've found.  for me, cheaper versions snag super easily and/or aren't a saturated color once they're stretched out.  sometimes i will layer a pair of darker tights under a cheap pair to make the color better.

for staying warm: i live in a snow climate and i'm a shiverer, so in the winter i layer.  and then i layer some more.  and then i put on a scarf.  i rely heavily on uniqlo heattech leggings and tees for my base layer.  this season i found some sweater tights at target that are like footed leggings (the opposite of footless tights) and are pretty warm.  also, i have been known to wear socks over tights.



to wash them: i really should handwash all of them, but that doesn't happen.  i run them with the rest of my clothes in a mesh bag and then airdry them on a drying rack.  

other questions?  leave a comment below or drop me a line at dashdotdotty at gmail dot com.

p.s. 
to everyone who responded to my closet cleanout post back in november, i have finally packaged up the stuff and it will be leaving my house this week. 

6 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about cheap tights-I always get one wear out of them and that's it! I'll have to try layering tights for color, and for warmth!

    Lindsey Soup

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just checked out We Love Colors' website. I'm taking baby steps with my shopping, but I loves me some tights so that will be my next detour. Have you sent them a pic of you wearing your tights? Apparently you'll get a gift if you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any advice on back-seam hosiery?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought Betsey Johnson tights at TJ Maxx yesterday - they are black with her signature rose print all over. Can't wait to wear them with a cute mini and boots! Working my way up to that turquoise look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am such a huge fan of American Apparel tights! I wear them all the time. In my most recent post I am sporting tights made my free people. You should check it out!

    xx Charlotte
    www.littlemissmagnolia.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet! I'm looking forward to getting your dress. I LOVE those light aqua tights in the first picture. Where did you get them? It reminds me of going on vacation to the Caribbean years ago.

    ReplyDelete