i'm doing a little bit of FBFFing this week. apparently, that could also mean facebook friends forever. anywho....
1. how do you determine what you will wear that day?
a lot of it is determined by my plans for the day. for instance, if i am walking anywhere in the snow, there are going to be boots with rubber soles involved. if i'm working on a project that involves a cnc router, a waterjet cutter, or a bandsaw i best be wearing pants. other than that, i'll usually start with one thing that i want to wear and build an outfit around it.
2. do you plan outfits out in advance for a whole week, month, weekend?
nope, i am incapable of it. i used to try and plan out a whole week of work outfits by setting them all out in my closet, but i don't think i ever made it past tuesday's planned outfit.
3. do you have any specific way of tracking outfits and items already worn so you don't repeat?
um, i have a blog! in high school i kept a calendar of what i wore. which is hilarious because no one would have noticed then (or now) if i wore the same thing every thursday or something like that.
4. how do you discover new combinations of items in your closet? (trial try-ons? hanging items together?)
for the thirty for thirty challenge, i reorganized my closet. quite a few of my combinations arose from closet proximity. but really, i just try on pieces until an outfit comes to together that works for the day.
5. to streamline the process for 2011 what is one new thing you can do to cut down your dressing time?
i should pare down my closet to only things that i love. that way it would (theoretically) take me less time to decide what to wear.