jacket: banana republic
chambray shirt: old navy
1. Caaasual Friday for the win.
2. Jeans with heels seem to feel like the right combination of looking like you tried on a Friday.
3. I've had a string of Fridays with no client meetings and boy, it is super nice to finish the week by checking a bunch off things off my to-do list!
Friday, January 27, 2017
Monday, January 23, 2017
1. I bought this cardigan a size up when I was preggers and this winter I am very happy that this giant blanket exists in my closet.
2. Is it too much if I'm wearing a blanket cardigan and flats that look like slippers? I told a co-worker the other day that I only buy clothes that feel like pajamas. I was kinda kidding, but really not so much.
3. Big stripes and tiny spots would definitely make the pattern mixing all-star team.
Monday, December 5, 2016
cardigan: old navy
boots: old navy
1. Hello! It's been a minute, eh? If you want to catch up on the places I've walked and a bajillion photos of my baby, then those two things are very well documented over on the 'gram.
2. These extra-tall boots recently joined my closet as part of my new-coats-and-boots-make-winter-slightly-better plan.
3. This dress has been in my closet for years now (evidence!) and that makes me strangely proud that I might just be finally making better purchases. There were way too many years when it seemed like I was continually cleaning tons of stuff out of my closet that just didn't work out. I still have to move things along, but the quantity is waaaaay less.
[previously on] j.crew camille dress
Tuesday, October 25, 2016
giant cardigan: cos
boots: loeffler randall
1. Fall booooots!
2. Can I just keep the weather where it's crisp enough for big sweaters and boots, but not tights and hats? Please, Midwest?
3. This cardigan is on the border between sweater and coat--which makes it perfect for a cold office since wearing a legit coat all day makes typing much more difficult.
Wednesday, October 19, 2016
dots top: catherine catherine malandrino
Since any "three things" commentary would mostly be about how I managed to successfully not impale any toddlers at daycare this week while unfolding Maddie's stroller or how baby food bananas smell really good, we'll go with a little more structure for today's post.
creative: This top seems like the prefect combination of pattern and texture. And yeah, I like me some dots.
young: This is essentially just jeans and a white top, but the longer sleeve length makes the top a bit more serious.
professional: This was a Friday outfit, but it could have been another day of the week with no client meetings since my office is pretty casual. (Or I could just swap the jeans for some gray dress pants.)
Saturday, October 15, 2016
Thursday, October 6, 2016
dress: tibi (similar)
1. Navy! After a few years of being particularly devoted to black dresses, wearing some blue seems like a good idea.
2. Where did my shoes go? Oh, don't worry, they are there...they just match my skin ridiculously well.
3. I'm trying to squeeze in a last hurrah for all my Summer dresses before Fall really arrives. I find it much harder to find dresses that work with tights and boots for some reason, so my closet definitely favors the warmer months.