Friday, January 28, 2011

dash of bracelets


[wearing]
boy's blazer: thrifted (similar, but for grownups)
skirt as skirt: thrifted (similar)
skirt as scarf: thrifted
sweater tights: target
desert boots: forever 21 (exactly)
bracelets: thrifted and a souvenir from florence

[going]
class and studio and such.
i think my actual scarves are getting jealous of these impostors. 

dash_neutraled

AND
it's friday!  this week's fbff is about technology...
1. What technology do you use in blogging? (computer, camera, video camera, tripod, etc...) 
my camera, bruce, is a nikon d40 that i use in conjunction with a tamron18-200mm lens, a dslr gorillapod, and a nikon remote.  my computer is a purple dell studio laptop. 
2. What computer and online technology do you use? (blogging system,
photo storage, photo editing tools, etc..) 
i use adobe bridge to preview photos, nikon camera raw editor and adobe photoshop cs4 to edit photos, adobe indesign cs4 to layout collages, flickr to host files, and blogger to blog. 
3. What is your process for taking pictures? 
i get dressed for the day. if i like my outfit, i'm not running late, and it's not raining, then i find a spot for my camera while my tea is heating.  typical places include my recycle cart, park benches, the trunk of my car, and a chair facing out my back door
4. When it comes to backdrops for your photos what do you consider? Do
you scout locations or shoot the same spot daily? 
ideally i would vary the location, but i'm rather frightened of strangers. when someone else is taking the photos for me i don't feel as silly posing in public places like an open lot or an alley.
5. If you could splurge and get one new piece of equipment what would
you be buying? 
i have yet to learn all the features of my camera (even though i've had it for two years) and am still elated about the new lens i got this summer, so i'm totally set for now. so, i would get a fancypants camera for the boy.  and he's had some particularly bad luck with point-and-shoots lately and whenever he's around he very kindly takes photos for me.  

12 comments:

  1. I love your scarf here!
    Glad to find another Nikon fan. My D50 is years old but I still love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure skirt as scarf is your new signature style. Very innovative and stylish.

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. not going to lie, i agree with the commenter above. i've already started looking at my skirts with new potential in them for cuteness. i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are really working the skirt scarf! You really know how to rock the neutrals - it always looks fresh and never boring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos look really great - that warm light with the little peek of wintry landscape really complements the color palette of the whole outfit.
    the other emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the second blogger I've come across who has named her camera - love it! Bruce does a great job taking your daily photos! - Katy

    ReplyDelete
  7. the skirt as scarf is great, i think i've only seen it done once before, but it could totally catch on.

    I've named my camera as well, his name is Desmond.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pics and what a nice space to take pictures in! :)

    x Christine @ Fanciful Vision

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great look on you! love the grey with the nude pink..so gorgeous
    xoxo

    http://www.leatherlaceblog.com/
    http://www.leatherlaceblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Skirt as scarf? Ummmm, brilliant!
    I may carry on this trend...

    Leaving the House in THIS?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a brilliant idea to wear a skirt as a scarf! I've never seen it before :)
    And I absolutely love your shoes! I want a pair of desert boots for so long now...

    ReplyDelete