Wednesday, May 13, 2015

dotty, tees, and pencils

may outfits, vince camuto cam, pencil skirt and tee, banana republic seven tee, summer casual workplace, dash dot dotty [wearing]
seventy: banana republic
pencil skirt: thrifted
heels: vince camuto
bag: madewell
necklace: forever21

[three things]
1. So, I think the last time I tried to pair a casual top with a pencil skirt the combination was much louder.  Like red foil print with leopard.  Whoa, nelly.  Who is this Dotty that wears that much brightness?  And she has really long hair too.  Weird.

2. Pencil skirts used to be my favorite thing to thrift.  This red wool one was definitely one of my best thrift finds ever.  (What's with all the references to my bright color-loving former self?)  I now prefer dresses over pencil skirts, but this charcoal one has survived many closet cleanouts by hiding amongst my wool dress pants.  Sneaky, sneaky.

3. I've been trying to wear heels more to work since my workfits have taken on a generally more casual vibe since my job switcheroo last June.  I also donated every single uncomfortable pair of shoes I owned when we moved.  So none of my oh-but-they-are-only-fifteen-dollars-so-it-is-okay-that-they-are-pinchy shoes made the move with us.  These heel/boot hybrids were a lunchtime purchase and I'm all about the cone heel and comfy elastic back strap.

may outfits, vince camuto cam, pencil skirt and tee, banana republic seven tee, summer casual workplace, dash dot dotty

may outfits, vince camuto cam, pencil skirt and tee, banana republic seven tee, summer casual workplace, dash dot dotty, workday to weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment