Tuesday, March 31, 2015
To a giant mortgage! We closed on our little slice of giant windows this month after seeing it in early February and falling pretty hard for the idea of a corner unit in a highrise. We also discovered that I'm apparently a fierce negotiator--it must be all those HGTV real estate shows that I've watched over the years! You can see more little pieces of the place (and our refinished floors) over on my Instagram feed.
1. Forever21 Frond Print Crop Top. $14.90. One day we're talking about going to Pitchfork again this Summer and the next thing I know I'm ordering a novelty-print crop top. Who am I? Anyway, it pairs quite well with a blazer over this dress for work.
2. Loft Windowpane Bi-Stretch Ankle Pants. $47.70. I was looking for some solid black ankle pants, but ended up liking these a lot more. And then Adina showed up in my Instagram feed wearing them the same day that they showed up in my mail, so obviously I made the right decision on these.
3. Vince Coated Gray Jeans. $0 after credits on ThredUp. I've been ruthless with my closet cleanouts over the last year and I've been trading in my shopping mistakes for some upgrades to my basics on ThredUp.
4. Joie Black Silk Tunic-ish. $37.73 after credits on ThredUp. I think this was originally sold as a dress because it's in that length zone between strangely-long-shirt and slightly-too-short-dress. I've decided it's a top and really like it with skinny pants of all sorts. And it totally has voluminous sleeves that help me take my bat impression to the next level.
5. Charles by Charles David Cage Sandals. $89.99 via Nordstrom Rack. I went shopping at lunch and this happened. I was looking for black pants and ended up with some fun shoes that won't be seasonally appropriate for quite awhile.
March total: $191.
And get nosy with a bunch of other blogger's budgets over yonder.