Monday, September 30, 2013

recap: september

dash_sept

[wearing]
my conversion wearing mostly neutrals is pretty obvious this month.  my big goal is to keep things visually interesting with textures and patterns rather than saturated colors.
september outfit recap
[going]
we took a big trip to vegas earlier this month which was a fantastic break from work and i got to see my sister and her family for her birthday two years in a row.  (recap post here)

[buying]
in looking back on my spending history for the last few years (i've only kept track on the blog for about a year, but have a spreadsheet of all the clothes i've bought since the end of grad school) i've noticed that i oscillate between being way under my budget one month and then being a wee bit over the next month. last month was a way under month, so this month was destined to be a bit of a disaster.

bookhou triangle tote (bookhou on etsy): $88 shipped. (seen in this post)
marc by marc jacobs wallet: $185.  oh, brother.  this is a monthly budget-ruining purchase, but i've got no regrets about it.  i was definitely overdue for a grownup wallet.  (seen in this post)
zara marled tee: $20.  i bought this in vegas because i didn't bring enough comfy tees with me and the zipper makes it a smidge different than all the other ones i have.  (seen in this post)
rachel rachel roy white dress (macy's) i bought these next three macy's items with a giftcard and assorted discounts, so my total ended up being $29.  my goal for shopping with the giftcard was to buy a few things that pushed me out of my comfort zone.  i usually am pretty good about thinking about possible outfits before i buy something, but that sometimes stops me from buying more interesting things.  (seen in this post)
rachel rachel roy black laser-cut top (macy's) (seen in this post)
vince camuto ren sandals (macy's): i posted these sandals as part of my fall wishlist, but they're more for next summer at this point.
old navy diva skinny ankle pants (old navy): $11.  (seen in this post)
phillip lim for target medium black satchel: $45  (seen in this post)
phillip lim for target leopard print dress: $30  (seen in this post)
phillip lim for faux leather zipper dress: $50 (seen in this post)

total: $458.  oh boy.
(link up with franish over yonder.)

No comments:

Post a Comment