Sunday, March 6, 2011

dash of orange and olive


eshakti dress wool black lbd scallops ruffles t-strap orange cowl knit green bun dotty style blog modest

[wearing]
wool dress: c/o eshakti (exactly)
jacket: h&m (similar)
belt: forever21
cowl: self-knit
tights: apt. 9
heels: madden girl (similar)

in order to get over my post thirty for thirty slump, i am declaring this color week.  i tried this once before and i lasted one day.  but now, armed with an arsenal of bright tights and freshly thrifted polyester, i am ready to try again.

and seriously, check out the little puffs of sleeves on this dress.  and it's wool-tastically warm.  the friendly folks over at eshakti sent it over for my review and i absolutely adore it.  while it can be classified as a basic black dress, the details make it so much better! 

eshakti dress wool black lbd scallops ruffles t-strap orange cowl knit green bun dotty style blog modest

eshakti dress wool black lbd scallops ruffles t-strap orange cowl knit green bun dotty style blog modest

eshakti dress wool black lbd scallops ruffles t-strap orange cowl knit green bun dotty style blog modest felted

17 comments:

  1. Olive is by far the hardest color for me to style. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the scalloped hem of the dress. Very pretty! I also love the ruffles on the shoes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tights and heels!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you said that you were in a 30 for 30 slump. I feel lost as to what I should wear now that it's over....crazy! Thank you for reminding me that I too have that jacket stashed away somewhere. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous outfit and HOORAY for color week :) Looking forward to more awesome looks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've said it before and I'll say it again: you're totally my color guru.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The scallops and puff sleeves on that dress are fantastic! And I love these colors together. Yay for color week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heart this color combo! This is such a great outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you last more than one day this time b/c your color combos are always so original. Which I don't understand how that's possible considering there are only a finite number of color combos out there, but somehow you make it happen. Orange + olive FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute outfit!! :o)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    -Samantha

    http://thisfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks, lady! i always enjoy your color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. seriously? i feel like i wear gray constantly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are giving me some serious scalloped hem envy. Cute color combo -- color week sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmmm...I may copy this color combo soon! That dress is so cute on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i adore everything about this! esp the ochre tights. oh man, i wish i had all of my clothing in ochre.

    ReplyDelete
  16. me too! i fear that it's a bit of trendy shade, but i still heart it!

    ReplyDelete